When Portland Fire crews arrived on the scene of a house fire near 41st and Southeast Ramona Friday morning they knew it would be difficult to fight. There were flames from the first and second floors.
The ceiling collapsed on firefighters working on the second floor. A natural gas line in the attic ruptured causing the fire to burn more intensely.
Crews had to pull out of the house and fight the blaze defensively.
The fire was so hot that it caught a neighboring house on fire and the flames spread into the attic.
One person suffered burn injuries and was hospitalized.